Sunday, June 15, 2014

A sneak peak

Well I will admit that I didn't get to work on my jacket nearly as much as I had hoped today, and it's not going to be finished until likely tomorrow night.  (Still have 4 button holes, attaching a snap to the bow band, and the hemming to do.)  I just wanted to give you a sneak peak of the most exciting part... The bow on the collar...


What do you think?  I think it came out extremely well, and is not twee at all.  There is a hidden bound buttonhole under the role line of the collar where the band goes through.  Here is the buttonhole before I finished it.  It's about an inch below the collar seam and a quarter inch below the roll line.  (Next time I would move it up maybe a quarter to half inch.)


I've decided to use a snap to attach the band (so it will snap to itself), so that the bow is detachable.  Then I can wear it either with the bow, or if I so choose without it. 
See no buttonhole showing!  (It's not that lumpy in real life, it was sitting on top of a jacket that was on my dress form.)  

Well what do you think?  I think I like it.  Here is one of the reasons why I didn't get to work on the jacket as much.  The little guy was a cranky poo all day.  Then I had to do real work for about four hours.  Boo that.  Well back to bound buttonholes and hopefully the little papelria that sells zippers next to my work has some snaps.  I used my last one on my black and white jacket.  Until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment