I finally made Sewaholic's Gabriola after having the pattern in my stash for over a year. The fabric is a linen bought at JoAnn's during one our stops in KC in the last couple of years. I think fall 2013. I made a size ten. It grew, so I took several inches out of the sides.
Once done, I tried it on and it was still too big. The waistband was already topstitched, and I had run out ofthe turquoise thread, so I had to put in darts. They are at the side seams, so they aren't noticeable, I hope.
Other than that it was a super straight forward make. The only change for next time would be to interface the chevron pieces, as they are now, they stretch too much.
Ok, i promised a giveaway. I don't have any pictures because my mom moved the fabric somewhere, and I couldn't find it before we left. But I have two Ukrainian fabrics to giveaway to one lucky person.If I remember correctly they are the same or similar to what I gave away in December. To enter leave a comment here with a way to contact you, and let me know what me made item would you bring on vacation. The giveaway ends August 2 at midnight CST. Until then happy sewing!