Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Well, that was longer than expected


So it's been a while.  Well over a month longer than I thought.  And before then I really wasn't blogging much either.  I've debated whether or not to keep blogging at all.  It's been a tough and busy winter, but a productive one at that.  As my time in the sewing room has been limited in the last 3 months, I've had to make every second count. I think to start off I will start with a quick overview of the last couple if months to get back into it. Then go from there.

Let's start with the initial delay. I don't talk about my work ever, but to say it was a busy November/December would be an understatement.  Why you ask?
Yes, that is the Vice President of the United States. He came to Kyiv in early December and I helped organize one of the events. And totally wore some me-made clothing. There aren't many places where a 13 star navy skirt is appropriate.

I made a Jasper hoodie right after that.  Super comf, but nothing remarkable. 
Also pre Christmas was an Imagine Gnats top in silk charmeuse. Also nothing remarkable, but super useful. For the next two weeks we had a house guest and therefore no sewing, but a trip to Lviv, of which apparently I didn't take a single picture. Christmas also happened. 
For my lack of sewing productivity in November/December, I have certainly made up for it in January. I started off with some stash organizing, using Evernote to photograph and log everything- 72 pieces and 149 yards of fabric later, I realized whilst I have a fabric problem it's not as bad as I thought it was. And I've worked through a lot of it since then. In the past several weeks I have made the following: ginger jeans in ponte, a pencil skirt out of the remains of the ponte, a striped Seamwork Astoria top, a button down (all of which you'll see in the next post) and a quilt  Well the front and back of a quilt. I am waiting on thread to actually quilt it. The design is pretty simple, but since it's my first one I didn't want to make it too hard that I would get discouraged.  

Well that's. I am at home with my sick little guy, so I figured it was as good of time as any to try and catch up. Now that's done, hopefully I will be more inclined to blog. Until next time, happy sewing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment