Saturday, September 12, 2015

Husband's Birthday Jacket, Round 1, Pattern Found

After hunting high and low on the internet, I finally found a non-oversized men's jacket pattern.  One that is meant to be a motorcycle jacket to boot.  I am just stopping by to leave the link to it, because it's a free pattern from Mannaquim, a Brazilian pattern company.  But if you go to the Mannaquim website, it is no longer there.  However, you can find it here.  It is almost spot on to my husband's inspiration photos.  The only downside is you have to trace it, and the instructions are in Portuguese.  I am almost done with the tracing- so hopefully tomorrow I'll cut out a muslin. 

He's wanting something similar to this, but in brown.

 or this

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/4e/f9/d3/4ef9d342f2b92bb614f4c73af68c0e3c.jpg
And this is the pattern: 

So it's pretty close, right?  Hopefully it will fit without too much adjustment.  I am hoping it will run small to size.  My husband normally wears a 36 in coats.  Wish me luck! 

P.S.  I am also working on a brown skirt to match a brown jacket I made last spring.  So I am working through making my basics.  Until next time, happy sewing.

1 comment: